No longer are we going to pay $9 for a plate of Kimchi Fried Rice from Rice Trax. Although very delicious, it is also expensive and hellllllla greasy. I thank them for inspiring me to concoct my own. I must say, I like my version better. My husband concurs.
If you’d like to learn how I do, keep reading.
I don’t use measuring cups or spoons when concocting my own dishes. Those cooking paraphernalia are used when I am following other recipes. But for the sake of this blog, I will guesstimate measurements. Please modify according to your taste and liking.
1. 4-5 cups day old white rice
2. 2 cloves crushed garlic
3. 2 TBSP vegetable oil
4. 1 yellow squash (cut in half moon, then in mini triangles)
5. 1 zucchini (same cut as yellow squash)
6. 1 cup of broccoli (cut in tiny pieces)
7. 1/2 cup of corn (thawed if using frozen)
8. 1/2 jar of Kimchi (cut large pieces into bite sizes)
9. 2 TBSP Kimchi juice (from the jar)
10. 3 TBSP soy sauce (more or less according to taste)
11. 2 eggs (fried and cut into pieces)
12. 4 fried Spam (cut in cubes)
13. Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pan or wok. Add crushed garlic and sauté until fragrant.