Dressember is a fashion challenge I decided to take on for the whole month of December. The challenge is to wear a dress/skirt everyday for the whole month. Aside from being such a fun mission, it is actually a movement for a great cause. The Dressember campaign helps raise money and spread awareness by means of women in the realm of social media.
This campaign and movement is to help end human trafficking. Not only does this happened in other countries, but it is still happening here in the U.S. Families, Kids, Women, etc. All being exploited in so many ways. The thought of being taken from your own freedom anywhere is just horrible. Women being used in prostitution, kids for forced labor, families being separated, and so much more.
In affiliation with Dressember, A21 and IJM, are organizations who help aid in rescue missions. So many have been rescued, and these organizations use the money raised to help these individuals in housing and helping them get back on their feet.
If you would like to make a pledge, please visit my Dressember profile.
You can also help by joining us in this movement, sharing some of our posts, or help spread awareness in many other ways. Check our my team’s hashtag on instagram for our daily posts #fashionwarriorsforfreedom.
My 3 goals for this challenge are:
- Spread awareness.
- Raise at least $300.
- Do not purchase new dresses/skirts for this challenge w/ the exception of possible thrifted pieces along the way.
As of today, I have raised $70. Here are my outfits for the first week.
- Poncho season. I love these open ponchos this season because they are so soft, trendy, and it’s an extra layer to keep me warm in the cold weather. I call them my blankets lol. I am wearing this burgundy dress I purchased in the beginning of Fall and paired it with some tights and long black boots.
2. Yellow and Blue. Love this outfit. Everything in this outfit are pieces I’ve had for years. I am wearing a chambray shirt underneath this yellow sweater. The skirt was actually a little longer than it looked, but I liked how it looked just above the knee. Of course, I had to throw in some long dark blue socks underneath the boots.
3. Street inspired. Here I am wearing this burgundy bandage skirt, which I’m surprised still fit me because I’ve gained some weight and haven’t worn this in a minute lol. To go with my combat boots, I paired this outfit with this olive colored military inspired jacket. Since it is cold as heck, the extra long socks keep me a little warm, especially since my legs are bare. The beanie is the cherry on top in achieving this street look.
4. Cognac and blue. Talk about digging in my closet! This blue dress is so old, I was ecstatic to fit into it lol. I’m also wearing this cognac bomber that is probably older than my 2 youngest children. To complete this outfit, I brought out my cognac boots from Steve Madden w/ this super warm long peek a boo socks.
5. Plaid and two tone boots. Love this plaid dress I purchased last year. This year, I paired it with this lovely red toned hat I purchased last month. To help keep me warm, I did wear some tights under. Love these 2-toned boots I’ve had for about 5 years now.
6. Rainboots sans rain. Here’s another closet find. I forgot about this dress. Glad I found it because it went well with my ever so loved Hunter boots that are 5 years old or more. Paired this outfit with my black infinity scarf which I wore as a hoodie that day.
7. Neutral. I loved the outfit and it is so me. The slouchy beanie from Asos years ago came back to out to play this year. This hi-low dress I’ve worn the heck out of this last Summer paired well with this Olive utility jacket. Brought out my cognac Steve Madden boots again and some peak a boo socks for some warmth.
It has been so fun. Stay tuned for next week’s outfits and check out my lookbook on my channel.